We’re so excited to be on the ground at the URJ Biennial, the largest ever in history! This week is actually a return trip for NFTY to National Harbor, MD and the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center. We were here in 2009 for NFTY Convention 2011!
What do 216, 800, 1400, 541, 19 and 44 have in common?
They’re NFTY Leaders Assembly by the numbers!
- 216 NFTYites
- 124 Congregations
- Representation from 30 states and provinces, and 1 teen from Hong Kong!
- 44 NFTY Regional Board Members
- 19 NFTY Staff Members
- 154 TYG Board Members
URJ Biennial by the numbers:
- President Barack Obama will be the first sitting U.S. president to address a URJ Biennial convention.
- Over 10% of Biennial attendees are between 18 and 35 years old in addition to over 200 NFTY teens.
- Representatives from 541 congregations from 55 states and provinces.
- Over 800 volunteers
- Over 500 exhibitors at 170 booths
- More than 1,400 people registered for the Friday Visioning Session
- More than 4,000 people signed up for Shabbat Dinner, the largest Shabbat Dinner ever in the world
- This Biennial includes a mobile based website for the first time, as well as live streaming and our strongest social media presence ever including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, YouTube and our brand new RJ blog
- An unprecedented line-up of speakers including the President of the United States, the U.S. House of Representatives Majority Leader, the Deputy Prime Minister of Israel, the Director of the Jewish Agency and some of the most widely acclaimed Jewish musicians from North America and Israel
- The first time Biennial is under the same roof as the Women of Reform Judaism convention
- First time in 50 years to be back in Washington D.C.
- 50th anniversary of the RAC
- 50th anniversary of the NFTY-EIE High School in Israel
- Close to 100 Jewish Musicians and over 120 people in the choir
- All plenary sessions and forums will be available online for the first time