by Dusty Klass
Bay Area Mitzvah Corps, Site Director
It’s almost time! In one short week, your staff and I will meet up in San Francisco to start preparing for your arrival and in less than two weeks the fourteen participants of the most awesome BAMC program ever will converge upon the city and take it by storm. Sam, Abby and I cannot wait to introduce you to San Francisco, and San Francisco cannot wait to meet you (I talked to her -him?- So excited
You’ll be receiving an email soon with lots of information to get you more excited, but for now here’s a top five list of things to look forward to:
1. Spending four Shabbatot surrounded by people who are as passionate about Judaism and social action as you are
2. Moving into a dorm room, almost like fast-forwarding to college, and making it your home
3. Learning the city like the back of your hand and traversing it daily to get to one of the NINE(!) jobsites that we are volunteering at this summer
4. The look on peoples faces when you have helped them restore a habitat, build a house, or simply feed themselves.
5. Walking with thousands of people in the 25th annual SF AIDS Walk in support of the services of the SF AIDS Foundation and all of it’s clients.
Be seeing ya soon!