This week, Mitzvah Corps of the South participants met in small groups to share out some of their feelings about their MCS experience thus far. Below is a sneak peek at some of our group’s responses.
on February 1, 2012
Living Judaism within a Jewish environment is easy. It’s understanding how to live Judaism in the rest of the world that’s hard. And that’s exactly what we’re teaching our Mitzvah Corps participants how to do.
on July 6, 2011
We celebrated July 4th with Meals on Wheels in the morning and a giant water balloon fight in the afternoon. The holiday ended with a barbeque, song session, and discussion connecting Jewish teachings of lashon hara with patriotism. All in all, I would say it was a pretty great first weekend!
on June 18, 2011
What the Yotzer means to me is finding brilliance in the mundane, and using the summer program magic to make ordinary moments extraordinary… We know that our participants are here with us, doing activities they could be doing anywhere. But they aren’t. They are choosing to do them with us, and we honor that by creating memories and experience that will last a lifetime. At our fingertips we have capitve audiences, participants who are here because they are looking to have the time of their lives.
- Jumping Right In: Immersing in Nicaraguan Culture July 10, 2013
- MC Nicaragua: Mid Trip Update July 11, 2013
- Rice and Beans For Days… NFTY MC Costa Rica! August 7, 2012
- Living Judaism Through Fashion Design April 20, 2015
- Continuing to March, 50 Years Later March 7, 2015
- Nicaragua: An Ongoing Obligation October 22, 2014
- Sandy: Hi Joanna - I was lucky to work with you, Jonah, J...
- Mike Weinberger: Isaac, what accounting of your journey. I was engr...
- Music Is All Around | Divrei Shalom: […] By Joanna Grill Joanna is an active part...
- RT @mfrey10990: @urjeisnercamp alumni on the green at URJYouth @urjkutzcamp @mitzvahcorps @urjcamps @nfty urj @ URJ… https://t.co/3XarudosRx
- @urjeisnercamp alumni on the green at URJYouth @urjkutzcamp @mitzvahcorps @urjcamps @nfty urj @ URJ… https://t.co/3XarudosRx
- RT @nfty: NFTY SAVP 05-06 Jordyn Jacobs writes about "Living Judaism Through Fashion Design" in the @mitzvahcorps blog! http://t.co/2i9xaG0…
- RT @rachelklaser: "To achieve equality and fairness, we must choose to do uncomfortable things." Bryan Stevenson @TheRAC