This week, Mitzvah Corps of the South participants met in small groups to share out some of their feelings about their MCS experience thus far. Below is a sneak peek at some of our group’s responses.
on February 1, 2012
Living Judaism within a Jewish environment is easy. It’s understanding how to live Judaism in the rest of the world that’s hard. And that’s exactly what we’re teaching our Mitzvah Corps participants how to do.
on July 6, 2011
We celebrated July 4th with Meals on Wheels in the morning and a giant water balloon fight in the afternoon. The holiday ended with a barbeque, song session, and discussion connecting Jewish teachings of lashon hara with patriotism. All in all, I would say it was a pretty great first weekend!
on June 18, 2011
What the Yotzer means to me is finding brilliance in the mundane, and using the summer program magic to make ordinary moments extraordinary… We know that our participants are here with us, doing activities they could be doing anywhere. But they aren’t. They are choosing to do them with us, and we honor that by creating memories and experience that will last a lifetime. At our fingertips we have capitve audiences, participants who are here because they are looking to have the time of their lives.
- Jumping Right In: Immersing in Nicaraguan Culture July 10, 2013
- MC Nicaragua: Mid Trip Update July 11, 2013
- Rice and Beans For Days… NFTY MC Costa Rica! August 7, 2012
- I Feel Home: A UMC Shabbat Service August 15, 2013
- There and Back Again: A UMC Journey August 9, 2013
- UMC New Jersey: The Final Week August 8, 2013
- Podnosniki: I like this post, enjoyed this one regards for put...
- Peggy McElgunn: Jaime: thank you so much for taking these picture...
- Jen Price: So embarrassed that I just found we could send rep...
- @RudermanFdn @specialneedsima @Spertus @NFTYMAR @mitzvahcorps @TheSunriseGroup @YachadNJCD @CoachE Thank you!
- Thx @specialneedsima @Spertus @NFTYMAR @mitzvahcorps @TheSunriseGroup @YachadNJCD @adainsharon @CoachE 4 the RT's & mentions! #HaveAGoodWeek
- RT @URJCamps: We're dedicating the 8th night of #Hanukkah to Ethan, who was hit by lightning at @URJGUCI. Join us: http://t.co/wudIubPrxu. …
- RT @URJ: Thanks to a @RudermanFdn grant, #Biennial13 will demonstrate, by example, what it means to be an inclusive community: http://t.co/…