This week, Mitzvah Corps of the South participants met in small groups to share out some of their feelings about their MCS experience thus far. Below is a sneak peek at some of our group’s responses.
on February 1, 2012
Living Judaism within a Jewish environment is easy. It’s understanding how to live Judaism in the rest of the world that’s hard. And that’s exactly what we’re teaching our Mitzvah Corps participants how to do.
on July 6, 2011
We celebrated July 4th with Meals on Wheels in the morning and a giant water balloon fight in the afternoon. The holiday ended with a barbeque, song session, and discussion connecting Jewish teachings of lashon hara with patriotism. All in all, I would say it was a pretty great first weekend!
on June 18, 2011
What the Yotzer means to me is finding brilliance in the mundane, and using the summer program magic to make ordinary moments extraordinary… We know that our participants are here with us, doing activities they could be doing anywhere. But they aren’t. They are choosing to do them with us, and we honor that by creating memories and experience that will last a lifetime. At our fingertips we have capitve audiences, participants who are here because they are looking to have the time of their lives.
- Jumping Right In: Immersing in Nicaraguan Culture July 10, 2013
- MC Nicaragua: Mid Trip Update July 11, 2013
- Rice and Beans For Days… NFTY MC Costa Rica! August 7, 2012
- URJ Greene Family Camp Costa Rica Mitzvah Corps Trip Photos July 30, 2015
- For Whom Are We Responsible? Looking Back on Costa Rica July 30, 2015
- Bringing Mitzvah Corps to NFTY-TOR July 30, 2015
- Lori Melnitsky-Fradkin: What a wonderful description of your trip. So hap...
- Judy Morrison Levinson: It is great for us to get a glimpse of the NFTY pr...
- Rege McKenzie: Darian, the work you do and the things you feel, a...
- As we move into Shabbat & the last few days of our programs, we are reflecting on the power connections in our world & communities. #MC15
- #MCPNW15 had their last day at camp w/ the IRC in Seattle and toured Theo Fair Trade Chocolate. @mc_pnw #MC15 http://t.co/wx0T1n0xID
- #MCNIC15-El Castillo had a full day of service work and relaxing in the village. @mc_nicaragua #MC15
- Every day is important. Our #MC15 teens have learned the value of spending their time doing important work, making the world a better place.