The biggest impact it had was this new attitude I have, which is that I pretty much agree to try anything. If someone asks me to help with something, or to try something new, even if I don’t necessarily feel 100% excited about it, I like to take part. It’s surprising how much you can enjoy something just by doing what you might not think you want to do. I learned to put myself into new situations that seem weird or scary, and just go with it…because, seriously, why not?
on July 25, 2011
Your BAMC Mommys miss you very much!
on July 23, 2011
We continued to spend the afternoon cutting, measuring, and nailing fiberglass that was used to waterproof the side of the house. At 4 PM Dusty arrived to take four people back to the dorms. The remaining three of us managed to convince Sam to take us on an adventure to the donut shop across the street. Don’t worry, we brought back donut holes for everyone!
Today was the day we were all waiting for: AIDS Walk! When BAMC walked into Golden Gate Park all dressed up with our beautiful capes (you heard me, we had CAPES!) and new swag (AIDS Walk t-shirts) we couldn’t keep the smiles off our faces! The entire experience was awesome as you can imagine; there were over 25,000 people at the walk!
on July 1, 2011
Social action has always been “my thing”,and I’m ready to dig into it with the new people I meet!
on June 29, 2011
I cannot wait to see this campus filled with the smiling faces and laughter of our Mitzvah Corps members in just a few short days. We have so many great activities planned and we can’t wait to share them with you!
- Jumping Right In: Immersing in Nicaraguan Culture July 10, 2013
- MC Nicaragua: Mid Trip Update July 11, 2013
- Rice and Beans For Days… NFTY MC Costa Rica! August 7, 2012
- Civil Rights, Then and Now July 7, 2015
- Choosing Regency July 7, 2015
- Choosing Camp Daisy July 7, 2015
- Judy Morrison Levinson: It is great for us to get a glimpse of the NFTY pr...
- Rege McKenzie: Darian, the work you do and the things you feel, a...
- Colleen Murphy: What a wonderful article. Proud to say I know the ...
- #OnTheBlog Kali (http://t.co/8GL0b9A5ag) & Chanel (http://t.co/zRXBWa7cto) reflecting on why they chose their service sites! @mc_newjersey
- We love #sustainability! #MCNOLA15 #MC15 https://t.co/SZuE3Pjmy6
- .@mc_newjersey had a guest speaker, Rabbi Joel Abraham (@sholomrav) as an alum of UMC! #UMC15 #MC15
- .@mc_neworleans volunteered with @NolaGreenRoots and @YRNOla #MCNOLA15 #MC15 http://t.co/xPF2z9rdrf