The biggest impact it had was this new attitude I have, which is that I pretty much agree to try anything. If someone asks me to help with something, or to try something new, even if I don’t necessarily feel 100% excited about it, I like to take part. It’s surprising how much you can enjoy something just by doing what you might not think you want to do. I learned to put myself into new situations that seem weird or scary, and just go with it…because, seriously, why not?
on July 25, 2011
Your BAMC Mommys miss you very much!
on July 23, 2011
We continued to spend the afternoon cutting, measuring, and nailing fiberglass that was used to waterproof the side of the house. At 4 PM Dusty arrived to take four people back to the dorms. The remaining three of us managed to convince Sam to take us on an adventure to the donut shop across the street. Don’t worry, we brought back donut holes for everyone!
Today was the day we were all waiting for: AIDS Walk! When BAMC walked into Golden Gate Park all dressed up with our beautiful capes (you heard me, we had CAPES!) and new swag (AIDS Walk t-shirts) we couldn’t keep the smiles off our faces! The entire experience was awesome as you can imagine; there were over 25,000 people at the walk!
on July 1, 2011
Social action has always been “my thing”,and I’m ready to dig into it with the new people I meet!
on June 29, 2011
I cannot wait to see this campus filled with the smiling faces and laughter of our Mitzvah Corps members in just a few short days. We have so many great activities planned and we can’t wait to share them with you!
- Jumping Right In: Immersing in Nicaraguan Culture July 10, 2013
- MC Nicaragua: Mid Trip Update July 11, 2013
- Rice and Beans For Days… NFTY MC Costa Rica! August 7, 2012
- Portland Blog: 10 Minutes to Teach the World July 24, 2014
- Costa Rica Blog: 1st Day Adventures July 24, 2014
- Nicaragua Blog: Futbol Is Life July 22, 2014
- Firkins: Great blog post! So excited for everyone in the gr...
- Mark Sugarman: I have to say that I hope this trip becomes captiv...
- Sam: Beautiful. Wish I knew about this wonderful group...
- L'hitraot @mcorpsIsrael! You have accomplished so much, and we are so proud to have been part of your journey! #mc14 http://t.co/MnBq4stTtk
- RT @NFTYMVP: At 8 p.m. tonight, NFTY is hosting a webinar to discuss the current situation in Israel. Register here to join us: http://t.co…
- RT @mc_portland: Shavua tov from @mc_portland! We've had a great first week and can't wait for our second #mcport14 #mc14
- RT @mc_portland: We spent our Shabbat touring the Timberline Lodge & hiking Mt. Hood #mcport14 #mc14 http://t.co/uTIWokKouN