Introduction to Judaism Classes
Learn the fundamentals of Jewish thought and practice in 16-20 weeks. This course is perfect for interfaith couples, those from different faith backgrounds considering conversion, and Jews looking for an adult-level introduction.
Taste of Judaism Classes
This engaging class on Jewish spirituality, ethics, and community is designed for the curious beginner. Individuals from all faith backgrounds are welcome. You don’t have to be Jewish to be curious. We ask you to register so we can save you a seat!
Choosing Judaism: Learn the Basics
People convert to Judaism for many reasons. Learn the basic facts about converting to Judaism, and how to take the first steps.
Recommended Reading: Learn More About Judaism
If you're thinking of choosing Judaism, here are some excellent publications to explore.
10 Things to Know about the Conversion Process
If you've considered becoming Jewish, or are currently in the process, here are some things to keep in mind.
Using a Mikvah (Jewish Ritual Bath)
People immerse at a mikvah to celebrate moments of joy, to heal after times of sorrow or illness, or to commemorate transitions and changes.
Related Answers to Jewish Questions
- I have wanted to convert to Reform Judaism for several years now. However, I have heard that Reform Jewish converts will not be accepted by all denominations as "officially Jewish" unless they convert to Orthodox Judaism. Is this true?
- How does Reform Judaism define who is a Jew?
- I am dating a woman who is considering conversion to Judaism. How can I support her?
- My new son-in-law has expressed interest in Judaism; where can we find a community that will welcome him and help him learn about Judaism?
- I feel drawn to Reform Judaism but I am a queer woman who suffers from depression and anxiety. Is there room in Reform Judaism for someone like me?
- Is it the policy that men must be circumcised prior to conversion? My 8-year old son wasn't circumcised.
- I am in the process of converting to Judaism. Is it considered customary to render a gratuity to the Rabbi that we have been working with?
What to Expect
Everything You Need to Know About Shabbat Services
Whether you attend services on Friday night or Saturday morning (or both), rarely, sometimes or often, these are some of the things you may see or hear in and around the synagogue.
What to Expect at a Jewish Funeral
Jewish tradition teaches that human beings are created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26). This is the underpinning of all of the rituals and customs that make up a Jewish funeral.
How You'll Know You're Ready to Convert to Judaism
A conversion process that is long enough and profound enough will allow you to identify yourself as Jewish before the act of converting. How will you know when you're ready?
An Open Letter To Those Who Converted to Judaism
For you, this journey has secured a new religious home. But you know better than I that it was not easy.
Finding Faith in Judaism
I do not feel like a convert who has had a revelation that here is where I belong; I feel like I am confirming my commitment to a belief system because it is the best way I know how to express, live and enhance my faith in God.
Converting to Judaism, Becoming Myself
When my conversion comes, I will take a moment for silent personal reflection before entering the mikvah and to remember the words from Ezekiel.