Here's a tried-and-true easy recipe for a cornbread that never crumbles.
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Generously grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- In small bowl, beat eggs, then mix in sugar.
- Sift flour, corn meal, baking poweder, and salt together into large bowl.
- Add melted butter, egg mixture, and milk. Beat quickly.
- Bake for 25 minutes until top is lighly browned; a toothpick inserted into center will come out clean.
Reprinted with permission from Palate Pleasers by the former Women's Auxiliary of Hebrew SeniorLife (then Hebrew Rehabilitation Center for Aged in Boston).