Ages 4 - 10
It is traditional to place a decorative cover over the challah or bread on your Shabbat table until you are ready to say thanks and eat it. Young kids will be so proud to see their own challah cover occupy a place of honor. This also makes an excellent grandparent gift!
- a piece of fabric approximately 11”x17” or a new handkerchief
- stencils or printouts of images or words to trace
- fabric paint or fabric markers
- tacky glue or hot glue gun
- beads, jewels, or other craft embellishments
Tape down the four corners of the fabric. Trace and/or color in lettering, draw freehand, glue on decorations, or whatever feels festive. Let your kids go wild! Lay your challah cover flat to dry, then place it atop your challah on Shabbat.